Sunday, September 20, 2009

Why Nigella loves Cupcakes??

Whilst I have alot to say about cupcakes I also have quite a bit to say about Nigella Lawson, first off I'm a fan of hers for a few reasons, one of which is she ignited my interest when it comes to cupcakes & baking in general. She always inspires me & gives me creative ideas.

I have in fact done quite a bit of reading regarding her online & have found so many people lamenting her(not very creatively & not too many clever one-liner ideas+
, saying: (& I quote) her recipes (cupcakes recipes & recipes in general) are too easy(huh???), that she assumes we are unintelligent & that her manner of addressing the camera is condescending. Well if easy, charming cupcake recipes & being comfortable with yourself is a problem I say, make the world problematic! It was quite disturbing to me that women were openly attacking her for being beautiful (quite odd, I don't imagine any of these ladies would compliment her if she were ugly!! In fact I'm quite sure there would be a few nasty one-liner hate-sites in her um..dishonour)

It seems to me that even in our modern world as much as things change things still stay the same, we all would like to have enough time to bake cupcakes with our kids(in my case my gorgeous nieces, creative pink cupcakes, see MY FAVOURITE CUPCAKE under cupcake inspiration).We all want to feel that we have a place to belong. That somehow in our own small way we have made a contribution that will last. Even if its the joy we give to others that they remember & tell others about. Even if the only creativity we can muster is a cupcake, its a worthwhile idea.

Which brings me back to Nigella, what she has taught me is that there are ways to find a compromise, that you can in fact have a lot of a little in life if you are willing to plan creatively & be willing to try any idea. Also what I have learnt from watching her is that its ok to be yourself, because you just might turn out to be somebody great, just the way you are. we all have something to add to this crazy, beautiful world, even if that 'something' is as simple as cupcakes & good home cooking.

Im grateful for Nigellas easy ( creative idiot proof) cupcake recipes/ideas & her naughty smile, because when all is said & done there simply isn't enough hours in the day & if being naughty puts you over, so be it!!

What do you think of Nigella? What do you think of her love for all things cupcake?? I would love to hear your thoughts..
For more creative ideas Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment